May 19, 2011

Billy Burke Talks About The Wedding Scene and Mentions Rob

Photobucket


Billy Burke, also affectionally known as Papa Swan, talked to Twilightish today about Breaking Dawn ending, Music and what's next... oh yeah, don't think we forgot to ask about the famous Papa Swan 'Stache!

Twilightish: How does it feel to see the end of the Twilight Saga? Are you happy to move on?

Billy: It's weird you know? Cause it's kinda like being on a television show for the last three years. It was a steady gig for me you know? I can't say that I'm heart broken about it but it was a good gig for me. I'm a little on the fence about how I feel. I think that it has run its course, and we as artists and audiences have gotten everything we can possibly get out of it. Always happy to be moving on.  I have no idea what is next for me.

Twilightish: Do you wish for more movies?

Billy: No, no I don't wish for more Twilight movies. Anything beyond this would be pushing cartoon level.

Twilightish: When you look back on Twilight, would you do it all over again or pass?

Billy: Of Course! Absolutely! Actually, I enjoyed playing Charlie. I liked him!

Twilightish: What will you miss the most (or the least) about the Saga?

Billy: What I won't miss is the facial hair! It was a cute idea at first when I brought it up during the filming of the first movie. Then I had no idea we were going to make 5 movies. What will I miss? Charlie. I like playing him, I felt comfortable in his skin, even though he is nothing like me. I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities for parodies down the road.

Twilightish: Of all the character's you've played, where does Charlie rank?

Billy: Well in terms of career gigs, probably in the top 3, but I have a couple of my own personal favorites. I'm probably not going to tell you what they are cause I feel weird about that.  Although, Dill Scallion (1999) was more fun than people should be allowed to have making a movie. We shot it guerrilla style, sneaking into gigs and filming concert scenes.

Twilightish: Do you have a favorite moment from any of the 5 films? Either on camera or off camera?

Billy: I think my favorite moments are yet to come in the next two movies, I can't tell you what they are but they are yet to come!

Twilightish: Did you find it emotional to watch Bella get married?

Billy: You know what? It wasn't so much that it was emotional. Those days we were shooting the wedding, in all honesty, there was something about them that brought stuff up not only in me, but in other people on the set. Something that was visceral. We ended up saying "this is kinda weird isn't it?" I can't explain what it was, it wasn't like my daughter was getting married, but there was definitely something that was quite touching going on.

Twilightish: Were you ever Team Jacob? Or do you think Charlie would have chosen Edward between the two?

Billy: I have never played that game. I suppose had I ever read the books I may have had a stronger opinion, but I just don't care. Sorry!! It's not my thing. I think Taylor and Rob are great guys but I don't get into the fantasy world of picking a favorite boy character.



Read the full interview at Twilightish (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment respectfully and don't include any links or phone numbers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...